Ginger is a very famous herb around the world. It is used to enhance the flavor of the food but some people avoid it if it is a little raw. But you need to know how beneficial ginger is for your health and add ginger in your diet. There are many ways you can do that some of the ways are written below.
Starting your day with tea is common. Just change it to ginger tea. It is the easiest way to have ginger in your diet to be healthy. There are many commercial brands for ginger tea that you can use or you can make it yourself fresh at home.
- Mince about 1 teaspoon of ginger and put it in a mug. Then fill the mug with boiling water and wait for 10-15 minutes. The last step is to strain the tea through a sieve and your tea is ready to drink.
- Three to four cups of ginger in a day is normal.
GINGER AS A SEASONING
Ginger is very healthy for a human body and also very delicious as a seasoning too. So start including it in your food today for a good diet plan.
There are many ways you can add this herb in your meals but some of the easiest ways to season your food with ginger are written down below.
- May it be soup, curry or stir fry, you can add just 1 or 2 teaspoons of minced ginger in your recipe. This will give you a delicious and healthy meal.
- If you like baking and make muffins or cookies, try to add about ½ teaspoon of this herb in a batch.
- You can use ginger as a garnish too. Add ½ teaspoon of minced ginger in your salad or soup.
It is really shocking usually for some people when they hear about candied ginger. It is for people who really like the flavor of ginger but a little on the sweeter side.
So here we have a recipe for you to follow and make some candied ginger to enjoy and stay healthy. The waiting period is a little long but the steps are very easy.
ALSO READ: NATURAL BEAUTY ROUTINE FOR OILY SKIN
- Take a ginger root and peel it. Then slice it any size as you wish. People prefer to cut small sizes because big ones take longer to dry.
- In second step, take a saucepan and put 1 ½ cup of sugar and 1 ½ cup of water. Now boil the mixture.
- After the mixture is boiled, add the ginger and keep the heat to medium-low.
- After 20 minutes, place the ginger on a wire rack by the help of a slotted spoon.
- Keep the rack overnight in order to dry the ginger.
- Keep the ginger in an airtight container in pantry and enjoy it after three months.
Many people use ginger supplements too to make their diet better. It really can’t get easier than this people. There are many reasons for usage of ginger supplements. Some of them are as following:
- If you suffer from any stomach issues like indigestion, gas, nausea, taking just 1g of ginger of daily will surely make you feel better. You do not have to take 1g all at once; you can divide it into multiple doses. Like take two 500 mg or four 250mg per day.
- Nausea in pregnancy is really common. Just 650 mg to 1g of ginger can help you get over it if you take it daily.
- Taking four doses of 250mg per day can help you if you are going the pain of arthritis.
- Consult with your doctor first before taking them.