Many people go through this issue of numbness. Numbness in feet is not just your leg sleeping but may be a symptom of a serious illnesses like diabetes or sclerosis. So here is an article that will help you in getting rid of random numbness and numbness related to diabetes.
- Sometimes we randomly get numbness in feet or toes. That usually happens when we sit or stand for a long time. So to get rid of that, you can just move your feet while sitting or go for a little walk.
ALSO READ: HOW TO SOCIALIZE IN PARTIES
- You can start regularly exercising to avoid numbness from happening in the first place.
- You should always stretch very well before exercising and wear proper shoes.
- You should stretch a little when you wake up in the morning before doing any chore.
- Sometimes we stay in one position for a long time before realizing that we can’t feel our feet or legs. So we should keep changing or position every few minutes at least.
- You should not sit on feet or legs crossed for a longer period of time.
- Try to elevate your feet from time to time to keep the blood flow going.
- A little over tight clothing is very bad for blood flow. So we should avoid wearing tight clothes on lower body.
- So try to avoid overly tight clothes like socks, pants etc.
- You should massage your feet regularly for a few minutes to avoid numbness.
- Another cause for numbness is because of the cold. If your feet get too cold, warm them a little with the usage of heated blanket or heating pad.
- We often wear shoes that are not of our size and heels. Both of them can cause numbness. So do not wear too tight shoes especially while you are working out.
- Insoles in shoes can also make them comfortable.
- Numbness is normal if it happens sometimes but you should know when it is a serious problem. Get medical help if you notice any of the signs below.
- If you feel weak, loss of bladder control or slurring of speech along with numbness.
- In pregnancy, it is normal to have swollen feet so just do as the doctor recommends.
NUMBNESS RELATED TO DIABETES
- Patients of diabetes often feel numbness in feet or toes because it damages the nerves which cause blood flow to become poor. So if you feel numbness that stays for a few minutes, make sure to see a doctor because it is one of the first symptoms of diabetes.
- To prevent any kind of blood circulation, you need to manage your diabetes very carefully.
- Ask your doctor for a balanced with diet with all the fruits and vegetables and follow it.
- Take your medications properly.
- Smoking is bad for diabetes so get help in getting rid of smoking.
- Obesity can be a contributing factor to numbness so get a proper plan from your doctor to lose weight and manage numbness and diabetes.
- Losing excess weight can cause the blood pressure to get low. This will help you with numbness.
- There are many products that are designed especially for foot care of diabetic people.
- Ask your doctor to recommend you special lotions that can help in preventing the numbness.
- Compression hose and socks are also in the list of special products that help with numbness by making the blood circulation better.