Are you breastfeeding to your child and want to pump your breastmilk but don’t know anything about pumping. I also don’t know anything before, I had no idea how to start. Same like me many women don’t know about this at start. So i decide to write an article, in which i’ll told you all pumping tips for breastfeeding moms, No 4 will surprise you.
I’ll answer many of the question that you have in your mind, I also have many Questions in my mind like, how often to do it, when to do it, and even sometimes much worried by overflow of breast milk.
In this article you’ll find the answer of your all questions no matter you’re pumping for the first time. You’ll find all pumping tips for breastfeeding moms.
Pumping tips for breastfeeding moms:
Here are some important and useful pumping tips for breastfeeding moms. First of all you have to buy a standard electric breast pump, it will be easy to use don’t hesitate it’s good for health of your child.
1. Which is the best time to start pumping?
If you are a new mom, you decide to feed your baby and also pump your breastmilk for your new born, then you have many question in your mind. For example, which is the best time to start pumping. Experts say that if breastfeeding is going well and mom doesn’t have to go back to work right away, it’s best not to pump for the first 4 to 8 weeks. It’s a good pumping tips for breastfeeding mom, as when a baby start sucking, it naturally increase the speed of supply milk faster then any other pump. But no doubt, there are some situations like premature birth of baby leads mom to start pumping immediately. Because baby is premature and mothers body is not ready to feed baby. By pumping we can start this procedure.
2. Which is the suitable time during a day to pump?
If you decide to breastfeeding, Morning is very suitable time for pumping. Because you have the most milk at morning time. So that baby can be feed easily. Minimum time must be 60 minutes between baby nursing and pumping. Means you know when you have to nurse your baby, feed your baby, notice that time, and right after 45 to 60 mints you can pump. And don’t pump 60 minutes before when you have to nurse your baby. This way your baby will have milk to feed as per his full appetite. But if you are have a very good health, having plenty of milk, and wants to nurse after pumping, that’s completely fine, as he/she can easily take to his/her appetite.
3. How long should I pump for and how much will I collect?
Most important thing about pumping breast milk that should be kept in mind that pumping session should be about 10 to 15 minutes long but no more than 20 minutes. because normally at start we have 3 to 5 ounce milk in breast at a time and gradually with healthy diet quantity will be increase. And on each session you should be able to collect 1.5-2 ounces of breastmilk. So that if baby need to feed even after pumping you can feed them easily. Here is experts feeding chart which tells you that how much quantity you should pump at start and after that.
4. Collected it but, how do I store it?
This is one of the important pumping tips for moms keep in your mind that when you have collect milk after pumping. Keep it in a clean bottle and store it in a fridge. It’s a good idea to have plenty of bottles on hand for collection. It is important that always store milk bottles and packets at the back side not in the doors of fridge. Don’t mix fresh milk in previously cold saved milk. Always cold freshly pump milk in room temperature and then put it in the fridge. Don’t forget to label every bottle. You have to take small bottles for this as you can save milk on everyday basis with date and time. You can store your breastmilk in the fridge for up to 8 days.
You can put your breastmilk in freezer small bags also specifically made for this purpose. Frozen breastmilk can be stored in freezer long for almost 3 to 4 months. It is one of the best pumping tips for breastfeeding moms.
5. How much breastmilk do I need for a single feeding?
Babies 1-6 months old typically take in 3-5 ounces of breastmilk each feeding. So thus for the next feeding body create more milk for the next feeding.
Pumping can be challenging! Here are some tips to make it easier:
Here are some short and most important pumping tips for breastfeeding moms.
- As i said earlier, buy an fine quality double electric breast pump. I recommend use Philips Comfort Double Electric Breast pump, because i personally use it after reading its reviews,It is light, easy to clean and easy to assemble.. But it is not important to buy the same brand, you can take any but first check its reviews.
- To stimulate the let down reflex, you can feed your baby and pump at the same time. it looks awkward at first, i know, but so you will be use to of it. By doing this you can get more output. that will be very healthy for your health as well.
- When you’re pumping, think about your baby. You can look at pictures, watch a video or just daydream about baby. You can save a video of baby crying on your phone.
- You can try with it by testing different speeds. But more speed surely not means More milk, it totally depends on mothers health. Test out the different speeds and figure out which is the most comfortable and efficient.
- One important thing should be kept in mind that if you are breast feeding or you are pumping it be relax and calm. always sit on a comfortable place. the more you are relaxed the more you can can get milk. While pumping you must take deep breathe.
- Always wear a relaxed and strapless bra or pumping bra when you are pumping or feeding from both of your sides.
For more informative or interesting articles just visit voguebabe.com