Different people with different personalities, have different definitions of a healthy relationship.
A relationship maybe between co-workers, family members, friends or partners. So your behavior differs according to the kind of relationship.
Although every relation demands different behavior and actions. But all relationships need to be beautiful, beneficial, strong and healthy for both parties. And they should have all these qualities emotionally, mentally and physically.
Thus, all kinds of relationships share some common points. Those few points remain constant in building or keeping a relationship strong and healthy.
So here is a list you can follow on ‘tips for building a healthy relationship’. the topics explained down below with do’s and don’ts are written here:
- Respect privacy
- Communication is the key
- Change is growth
- Say no to abuse
- The praise power
This Issue is the biggest in partners. Everybody is living their own lives; you can’t expect to know every minute little detail about everything your partner experiences.
May it be something that happens to them or they do it themselves.You can’t expect a 24/7 report from anybody. Meddling in each other’s life unnecessarily just create irritation and tension in your relation.
It is not only a turn off for the other party, but also a headache for you. All the time worrying if your partner is cheating on you.
This Lack of trust means a relationship is weak and needs some work to make it better and healthier. Here are a few tips to know:
- Do not check your partner’s cell phone without their permission.
- Do not constantly call to check where your partner is or try to stop them from hanging out with friends or colleagues.
- Just relax and spend as much time as you can with your partner, but also give them some time to themselves.
- Respect each other‘s right to do what one want without having to answer. Everybody needs some privacy and space to breathe.
COMMUNICATION IS THE KEY
This is for every kind of a relationship. Communication is the key to a healthy relationship. Keeping your mouth shut even when you feel the need to talk about some matter brings out the worst results.
Make sure to communicate, because if you don’t share what you want or need, it means you don’t trust each other enough. And trust is very important in a relationship.
- Your emotions should be expressed; your thoughts should be said. Try doing this without any kind of blaming and claiming. Have a conversation, not a fight.
- If both of you do not know each other’s thoughts, you do not know each other. So talk to each other about everything. May it be a small or a big deal.
- Girls always expect everybody to know what they want to say without saying. This just creates misunderstandings. Say it out loud proper
CHANGE IS GROWTH
A person keeps growing physically, mentally and emotionally.Thus, a person’s perspectives, needs, wants keep changing over time.
You can’t expect someone to keep being the person they were when you met them for the first time or in the beginning of your relationship as friends, partner or any other relationship.
Also Read: 7 REASONS TO DROP COFFEE
It is a little difficult to cope with changes, but compromises have to be made in every relation so hang in there and support each other. Here are a few tips on how to react on changes:
- See change as growth.
- Help each other in changing for better.
SAY NO TO ABUSE
Under any circumstances, any kind of abuse should not be tolerated. If you notice any potential of abuse in your relationship, make sure to take a step in stopping it. The tips are as following:
- Insulting, yelling, degrading, mental and physical torture etc. These all come in abuse. Give the other person a shut up call to any abuse of such kind to stop them right away.
- Do not be shy or embarrassed in taking somebody else’s help to stop the abuse, if needed.
THE PRAISE POWER
Never underestimate the power of a simple compliment. It can make one’s day. Compliment each other by encouraging and supporting each other on daily basis. A few examples are written down below:
- Do small things like a ‘good morning’ SMS or praising an outfit often.
- Do not forget to appreciate each other’s efforts too. A simple but effective way is to leave a hand handwritten ‘thank you’ note.
So this was the list you can follow yourself. And also, don’t forget to share with people you want to have a beautiful, healthy relationship with, to help them improve them too.